BlazeVoltMeta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tier-Wide Banlists, Clauses, and Rules

Go down

Tier-Wide Banlists, Clauses, and Rules Empty Tier-Wide Banlists, Clauses, and Rules

Post  HydreigonMaster635 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 am

Tier Wide clauses: (Yes this is Copy & Pasted from Smogon, but it's because this is all the best way to put it)

Species Clause - A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number on a team.

For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause.
Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokedex number (#479).

Sleep Clause - You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.

The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokemon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep.
A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other pokemon be fainted).
A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.
Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause.
The definition of this rule was debated on in a Policy Review discussion.

Evasion Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Double Team or Minimize in its moveset, or hold the items Brightpowder or Lax Incense.

Generally, this rule will be automatically enforced in simulator play. In Wi-Fi play, a player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokemon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move or item.

OHKO Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Generally, this rule will be automatically enforced in simulator play. In Wi-Fi play, a player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokemon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move.

Tier wide Banned Items not mentioned in evasion clause:
Quick Claw
Kings Rock

Rules:

#1: Have Fun! I can't stress this enough, Pokemon is a game for entertainment and is meant to be fun. So don't take it to seriously.

#2: If you upload to YouTube always link and mention Dray. Drayano60 is the creator of this hack. While I may have done all the work to set up the tiers and the Pokemon changes threads on this forum I wouldn't have any of this without his hard work.

#3: Never take anything I say on this site for 100% sure. I can make mistakes, while I am an insane perfectionist when it comes to things like this I am not perfect. If you notice and mistake feel free to contact me and let me know. Also you always have your own documentation to consult which should have come with your rom/patch.

#4: Any changes from Blaze Black2/Volt White2 are not allowed in Blaze Black 1/Volt White 1 and visa-verse. This is very important, because of the extreme differences between the two games I have to separate the two metagames. For example, Landorus-I and Zapdos get Hurricane in BB2/VW2 while they don't in BB1/VW1 this is a very important change that can not be allow in the original BB1/VW1 game. Not to mention all the different stat changes between the two games.

#5: All 5th Gen event Pokemon are viable. As BB/VW does function as a normal Pokemon game there is no reason you can not run event pokemon. For example, event Pokemon Blue Flare/Glaciate/Bolt Strike/V-Create Victini and Nasty Plot Deoxys are accessible so there is no reason they should not be accessible for BB/VW. 4th Gen event Pokemon are viable as well as long as they are not transferring from the DPPHGSS game with a HM move. For example, Surf/Fly Pikachu. However, all popular 4th Gen event Pokemon get their event moves by level up so this shouldn't be a problem. For example, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune get their event moves at level 1, this also means you can get these moves on any nature as well.

#6: All 5th Gen Move tutors are viable. Again as BB/VW do function like normal games there is no reason you can not get B2/W2 move tutor moves. The best examples of this are that in BB1/VW1 Serperior does not get Giga Drain by level up however it is capable of learning it by B2/W2 Move Tutor same thing with Rest/Sleep Talk Cofagrigus. However, this does not mean you can get move tutor changes from BB2/VW2. Thankfully the only examples are Meganium and Victreebel which get Earth Power and Gunk Shot respectively via move tutor changes in BB2/VW2.

#7: Have Fun! Yeah it's on here twice, come at me! Razz
HydreigonMaster635
HydreigonMaster635
Admin

https://blazevoltmeta.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down